Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween

I decided Halloween isn't the same when you're "old". My pumpkin is hollowed out but not carved. I feel like the decorations just were put up and I'm taking them down. I didn't have one trick or treater come to the door! And no one in our house dressed up. I thought this was what I was waiting for after all these years of stressful Halloween nights - trying to dress kids, making sure they were happy and not upset with their costume (or feeling dumb or stupid), feeding them dinner and not only getting to the carnival, but probably decorating or helping at it! And so now I got what I wanted - and I don't like it! I'm going to plan an adult Halloween party next year (maybe)....

4 comments:

Heidi said...

You should plan an adult party next year. That would be fun! I'd love to see you two dressed up. ;)

marcalicious said...

That would be a fun idea for you mom!!! As I told you on the phone, I feel stupid dressing up and look like a hoochie so I guess we are never happy w/ the current situation. :)

ShaRee said...

I wanted to have an adult party this year. I bought all the crepe paper, balloons, etc, etc and the day came and went.....I think Harvest got in the way....and a few other things. I appreciated your post and what you said in Relief Society. Thanks

ericksonzone said...

I laughed out loud at this post. I am in the try to dress all the kids, keep them happy (during pictures at least), and then get to the carnival in one piece. We're still alive so it must not have been too bad.