Sunday, November 23, 2008

Laughter IS the best medicine

See those black shoes? Well, they've seen better days. You can't tell, but the "leather" is peeling and they needed replaced. BUT, they were still comfortable and easy to slip on and so Saturday when I was cleaning house, I slipped them on along with my comfortable sweats and t-shirt and began the house-cleaning chores. Sara noticed my shoes and commented - "Mom, why are you wearing your dress shoes to clean in? I explained that they were getting old but they were really comfortable and easy to slip on." Well, it wasn't long before here comes Sara - also dressed in sweats and hoodie - wearing the high heeled sandals pictured above. She could hardly contain her laughter as she walked in with her dust cloth explaining that her shoes were "real comfortable and easy to slip on". We about wet our pants laughing so hard. I'm really going to miss her.... (She leaves for college in January.) Both Craig and I have been sick with sinus infections AND we both have sore backs. His was because he tried moving an auger from one grain bin to the next. Mine was because I'm getting old (I'm not sure what I did - but it's always the same place). We ended up going to both a chiropractor and doctor and our kitchen counter looks like a pharmacy. But we're starting to feel better. But, seriously, laughter really is the best medicine.

3 comments:

Jeni said...

That is sooo funny!! The picture of your wonderful outfits is missing. That would have been a great one to see! :-)

marcalicious said...

I sure like that story! Good job for posting. And I hope you have starting the Marci-coming-home Count Down!!!! Because I have!!! :)

Heidi said...

That is HILARIOUS! Sara is so funny. I love that she thinks of funny things like that to make us all laugh.