August 2010
August was a busy month....
Here is baby Lindsey on her birthday. She was born August 4th early in the morning. She weighed a whopping 9# 11 oz. She is adorable. I was lucky to have been able to be at Heidi & Kyle's to help out for a few days prior to her birth and also for a few days following her birth. It was a highlight of my summer.
Here I am holding Lindsey in the hospital. If you look close, you'll see those are tears in my eyes - there's nothing better than a newborn baby, especially when they are healthy and adorable. I always get teary-eyed when I see or hold newborns. I used to be embarrassed by that, but not any more.
Here she is asleep in her crib. She seems to be a good baby. Content and happy. She's a keeper.
Here's a 4 generation photo of me with my mother and Heidi and Lindsey. My parents came to visit Heidi & her family shortly after her return home from the hospital.
And may I introduce Reagan Jane Sabin....! We had to wait to meet this little granddaughter until she was about 2 weeks old. It was painful to have to wait so long. But she was worth the wait. She is adorable! She is content and happy hardly cries. And I'm not kidding. I had to drive 10 hours to see for myself if that was true and it is. She's a good baby.
Here I am holding baby Reagan. She reminds me a lot of Jeff when he was a baby, but who knows...
Every farm boy needs a farm quilt for their baby so I made a John Deere blanket for Reagan in pink and brown John Deere fabric. It has that soft minky fabric on the back.
We enjoyed our visit with Jeff, Sadie and Reagan. They are a cute little family.
The rest of the summer was a blur - we crammed in a lot of fun times - mostly times with grandchildren before school started. Here's Jared in the pool with Jeni & Kevin's kids: from l-r Paige, Aubree, Hailey and Carter.
Marci came over to spend a few days and we had a blast "touring" the town of Mattawa - we went to the town park, the library, the dollar store, the tortilla factory, the bank, the post office and the Mexican grocery store. It was a memorable day. Here is Marci and Kate on the tractor.
Pretty soon summer came to an end and school started. Here's Jared on the first day of school in our typical school pose. I was figuring out that I've taken first-day-of-school pictures for nearly 30 years. That's a long time. But I'm going to be really sad when I take this one's last school picture. He is a junior this year.
Jared started the football year out as quarterback for our school team. Here we are at our first game. He also plays tight-end and middle linebacker - whatever all that means. However, I'm getting better at the game. I just wish that I could find the person who has the ball faster. Craig is also refereeing for football. So we are covered.
Pretty soon summer came to an end and school started. Here's Jared on the first day of school in our typical school pose. I was figuring out that I've taken first-day-of-school pictures for nearly 30 years. That's a long time. But I'm going to be really sad when I take this one's last school picture. He is a junior this year.
Jared started the football year out as quarterback for our school team. Here we are at our first game. He also plays tight-end and middle linebacker - whatever all that means. However, I'm getting better at the game. I just wish that I could find the person who has the ball faster. Craig is also refereeing for football. So we are covered. 
2 comments:
I haven't seen any of those pics before!! Love them! Lindsey is adorable.
I like the pic of you and Jared. Precious.
I agree with Sara, the picture of you and Jared is so cute. Jared is such a cutey patootie!
It made me cry when you said being here when Lindsey was born was a highlight of your summer. We were SO thankful you were here even if I was in a bad mood and didn't think I needed you here before she was born. The kids LOVED having you here to spend some time with them and playing at the park with them.
Post a Comment