Monday, July 26, 2010

June 2010

June 2010

A week after school got out, I took Jared and his friend Alberto Cruz, to Utah for football camp. They were pretty excited to attend and just hoped they wouldn't get hurt. I think they thought they were pretty big boys until they got next to some Polynesians and other kids that were HUGE! They were humbled quick. But they did have a blast. Here they are at the Lavell Edwards Stadium after registration.

While Jared was at camp, I went and played. My first thing on the agenda was visiting friends. This is Dezi Miner Cannon. She and I have been friends since we were in grade school. I think she moved when we were in third grade. But we've kept in touch ever since and have visited one another a few times over the years. She has a son and daughter-in-law (but better yet, she has a granddaughter) who lives in Highland so it was perfect to meet her for lunch at Thanksgiving Point. We had a wonderful time getting caught up with each other.
The next day I met up with another friend from high school, Liz Boyd Teerlink. She lives in Cedar Hills (or nearby) and is a quilter. It was fun to visit her and see her lovely home. We grew up together in Olympia 2nd Ward. Good memories.


After picking up Jared and Alberto from football camp, I took them and Jared's cousins Kaitlyn and Josh to Salt Lake to show Alberto the church sites. This picture was taken on top of the roof of the Conference Center looking over to the temple. It was a beautiful day. We saw the Visitor's Center, the new exhibit in the South Visitor's Center of the cutaway of the Salt Lake Temple, we took a tour of the Beehive House, we saw the movie "Joseph' in the Joseph Smith Memorial Building and we took lots of pictures. We have a wonderful heritage.


We left Utah and headed home with extra baggage. We brought Jared's cousin Steven Wright home with us to work on the farm. He turned out to be a great worker and never once complained. He was a good example to Jared - he made his bed every day ! and cleaned up after himself and took his dishes to the sink. We missed him when he went back home about 4 weeks later. Even though he worked hard, we also found time to play - they went to Silverwood, went motorcycle riding twice and went to a couple movies as well as hung out with friends and relatives from Royal.


1 comment:

marcalicious said...

what cute cousins we have.