Monday, July 26, 2010

May 2010

May 2010
The first of May brought PROM and Jared's first official date. He has a mother who insists that every dating-age boy should take a girl to all the school dances since they only get to attend these dances a couple times in their life. So with some "encouragement" he went on his first date with a lovely young woman. He made arrangements with several of his buddies and pretty soon the group date turned into quite the group. But it was so much fun! They met together first for a scavenger hunt held in our town (since they all couldn't drive anyone but themselves) and then after getting dressed, they came to our house for a nice dinner before going to the dance. Jared is so lucky to be a part of such a wonderful group of good young men and women.

Back row: Conner Coulson, Tyler Yorgesen, Tony Martinez, Jordan Zirker, Jared and Jens Yorgesen
Front row: Keitra Calaway (Jared's date), Moriah Christensen, Kally Carter, Heloisa, Jordan's date and Lindsay Christensen
Here they are eating dinner in their beautiful attire.

Here's the couple: Jared and Keitra.


This next picture was taken on Mother's Day. I am lucky to have such a wonderful mother. She has suffered most of her life with health issues (right now she suffers from Parkinson's) and yet has always been a source of strength and support to me and my life. I love her and appreciate her more the older I get.


We had a lot of rain in May. This just shows you how much was pouring down our gutters one day. It was pretty depressing especially when you had your hay cut and on the ground. I felt sorry for all the farmers. We wondered if summer was ever going to come.



Seminary ended on May 28th. I totally and completely enjoyed teaching seminary this past year. The kids were WONDERFUL. I had 17 students. One of them was my son. I have always taught one of my children these past 5 years of seminary. But I'm sad Jared is moving on to the next class of Juniors and Seniors of which I'm not the teacher and so I will really miss having him as a student. He is not only a good son, he was a good student.


1 comment:

Heidi said...

More Moms should be like you and make their son take someone to the dances. I always thought it was SO lame when the guys didn't ask anyone. It's not like they had to marry that person! :)

You guys had rain storms like we do here. Annoying. Glad summer finally came though.