December 2010
We started the month off celebrating Derek's birthday on December 5th. He's a quarter of a century old. :) We are grateful he's a part of our family and thankful he and Sara will live close by as he's decided to work with his Dad on the dairy farm.
If you look close, you'll see a cocoon. I love this picture as it reminds me of the hope of spring and yet the comfort of "home" and the necessary time it takes for growth.
One of our winter wonderland days. Beautiful.
It's different only having one child left at home and knowing that our nest will soon be empty. So I took advantage of having Jared around and decided to do a Christmas Advent Calendar. I did it when the kids were young but got out of the habit as they started leaving the nest. And it's been a lot of fun. Of course, it helps that Jared's been a good sport. I had things to do like: look at lights, put up tree, decorate house, drink cocoa, watch Christmas Story, etc. He did suggest that next year we have more "food" related activities!
I have been kept busy helping my parents and our children. I am thankful I can do that. I still help out at Wahluke Produce - one day a week or so. And I am still teaching seminary - going on my 6th year! We're teaching Doctrine & Covenants and Church History. I have 10 students - freshmen and sophomores. Craig just finished coaching the Junior High basketball team and will start at the first of the year coaching Jr. High wrestling. Craig was released in October as Teacher's Quorum adviser after 14 years of working in the young men's program. He will miss working with the youth - just think, no more 50 mile hikes, no more bike trips, no more youth conferences, no more stake dances, no more Mutual nights, no more... Hmmm, doesn't sound so bad, does it?! He was called to teach the 15-16 year olds in Sunday School and thoroughly enjoys that.
1 comment:
Derek will love seeing that picture! haha I love reading your posts! Man, you should update this bad boy more often.
Post a Comment